Bucharest Mechanical Factory
The Bucharest Mechanical Plant was established in 1978, as an auxiliary plant of the "23 August" Factory in Bucharest, under the title "Special Heavy Machinery Factory".
In December 1990, it was renamed "Bucharest Mechanical Factory", being taken over by the Ministry of National Defense, as a component unit of the Army Industrial Group - Autonomous Agency. After 10 years, the plant passed under the authority of the Ministry of Industry and Resources and was renamed S.C. "ARSENAL" S.A. - Bucharest Branch.
In 2001, following the reorganization of the defense industry, the unit was renamed "Bucharest Mechanical Factory (UMB)" and became a subsidiary of the National Company ROMARM.
Address: 1 Decembrie 1918 Boulevard, No. 7-9, District 3, Bucharest, postal code 032451