What is GDPR
GDPR has become a standard feature of our activities since 25.05.2018 and is the acronym in English for "General Data Protection Regulation", which refers to the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation).
In Romania, certain provisions of the GDPR have been implemented through Law 190/2018 and by certain decisions adopted by the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing ("ANSPDCP").
The GDPR updates the principles established two decades ago by Directive 95/46/EC, which stopped applying when the GDPR came into force.
Unlike previous legislation, the GDPR focuses on the rights of the person whose data is processed, such as the right to be informed about the operations by which personal data is processed, what data is processed, on what basis it is processed, for how long it is stored and under what conditions it can be accessed/deleted/corrected, etc.
GDPR is not just about "the right to be forgotten". The right to erasure of personal data is not absolute and cannot be exercised at any time, but depends on the exact circumstances under which the data was collected, the purpose of the collection and the basis on which it was collected. More information on how we keep personal data and under what conditions it can be deleted can be found in the sections below.
For us, GDPR is not just an acronym for a piece of legislation, it is also an acronym for our motto: Give Data Proper Respect! Data security and privacy are the pillars behind Romarm.ro, and our company is constantly looking to update the platform to implement the latest data security and privacy standards.
The security of your personal data is a priority for us, therefore, we pay the utmost attention to your personal data and its protection and will make every effort to process it in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ((General Data Protection Regulation). or "GDPR").).
Who we are and how to contact us
Romarm.ro este website-ul deținut de SC ROMARM SA, persoană juridică de naționalitate română, având punctul de lucru în București, Bd. Timisoara, nr. 5B, sector 6, 061301, cu număr de ordine în Registrul Comerțului J40/10841/2000, cod unic de înregistrare fiscală RO13554423 (denumită în continuare „Romarm.ro” sau „noi”). Conform legislației cu privire la protecția datelor, suntem operator atunci când prelucrăm datele dvs. cu caracter personal.
As we are always open to hearing your views, as well as providing you with any additional information you may need regarding the processing of your data, we encourage you to contact the Romarm.ro Data Protection Officer at email@example.com with the following message: To the attention of Romarm.ro Data Protection Officer. firstname.lastname@example.org, cu mentiunea: To the attention of Romarm.ro Data Protection Officer.
What categories of personal data we process
In most cases, we collect your personal data directly from you, so you have control over the type of information you give us. We receive information from you in this way:
- When you send us a message on the contact form on the Romarm.ro website, please send us: your e-mail address, your name and surname;
- When you send us a message on the CV submission form for recruitment purposes, available on the Romarm.ro website, you send us: your e-mail address, your name and
- When you register your data (name, surname, email) to subscribe to the ROMARM Newsletter
- When you use our website, www.romarm.ro, we may also collect and further process certain information about your behavior while visiting our website in order to personalize your online experience and provide you with offers tailored to your profile. You are invited to learn more about this by consulting the section on processing purposes below.
We do not collect or otherwise process sensitive data, which are included by the General Data Protection Regulation in special categories of personal data. We also do not want to collect or process data from minors who have not reached the age of 18.
What are the purposes and reasons for processing
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For marketing purposes - we want to keep you up to date with the best offers for the products/services you are interested in. To this end, we may send you e-mail messages containing:
- general and specific information on our products;
- useful information on new blog posts, events we hold, results of our work;
- information on similar or complementary products to those you have purchased;
- information regarding offers or promotions;
- other commercial communications such as market research and surveys;
- we can display customized recommendations on the website;
In most cases we base our marketing communications on your prior consent. You can change and withdraw your consent at any time by:
- Access the unsubscribe link displayed within the messages you receive from us;
- Contact Romarm.ro using the contact details described above.
- In defense of our legitimate interests
In some cases we may use or transmit information to protect our rights and business. These may include:
- Measures to protect the website and users of the Romarm.ro platform from cyber attacks;
- Measures to prevent and detect fraud attempts, including the transmission of information to the competent public authorities;
- Measures to manage various other risks.
The general basis for these types of processing is our legitimate interest in safeguarding our business, it being understood that we ensure that any measures we take guarantee a balance between our interests and your fundamental rights and freedoms. We also base our processing in certain cases on legal provisions such as the obligation to ensure the security of goods and valuables provided for by the applicable legislation in this matter.
3. For recruitment purposes by submitting your CV via the recruitment form on the website. CV ROMARM SA processes your Personal Data in order to identify and evaluate your application, skills, qualifications and interests in relation to the available position for which you have been contacted, to organize and conduct interviews and to select and recruit you as well as to carry out verifications as required by applicable local legislation.
How long we keep your personal data
As a general rule, cookies are kept for one month and the data you provide via the contact form may be kept as long as we are collaborating. You can ask us to delete certain information at any time and we will comply with these requests.
To whom we transmit your personal data
If we have a legal obligation to do so or if it is necessary to protect a legitimate interest, we may disclose certain personal data to public authorities.
We ensure that access to your data by third parties who are private legal entities is carried out in accordance with the legal provisions on data protection and confidentiality of information, on the basis of contracts concluded with them.
In the case of processing of personal data in the CV, information that has been submitted through the online contact form, it is managed by the Human Resources department to facilitate cooperation, communication and transfer of candidates within the ROMARM group. Personal data in the CV or Letter of Intent may be transferred to governmental and regulatory agencies, national social security funds, courts and other governmental authorities as required by applicable law under Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR, and to external consultants acting as data controllers (e.g. lawyers, accountants, auditors, etc.) under Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Retention periods for data submitted for recruitment purposes
Personal data processed for employment purposes will be retained:
i) as necessary for the recruitment process or for the assessment of the recruitment process; and
(ii) subsequently, in the event of rejection of the candidate, with a view to possible future recruitment for another open position as well as in accordance with legal requirements establishing specific limitation periods for certain actions, applying the retention period mentioned below.
If a legal or disciplinary action is initiated, Personal Data may be retained until the end of that action, including any appeal periods, and then deleted or archived as required by applicable law.
In practice, we will retain your Personal Data for the period of time required or permitted by applicable law. Thereafter, we will remove/delete your Personal Data from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it. Personal data will be deleted 3 years after the end of the last recruitment process carried out, unless you become an employee of ROMARM, when the retention period established according to the Information Notice on the processing of personal data of employees applies.
Criminal records will not be stored, only consulted by the persons responsible for conducting the recruitment process and returned immediately to the candidate.
Your rights when submitting information online for recruitment purposes.
Under the terms of the framework of applicable law (GDPR), you have the following rights:
1. Right of access: You have the right to be informed, upon request, whether your Personal Data are processed, and if so, you have the right to request access to them. The information shall include, inter alia, the purpose of the Processing, the categories of personal data affected and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data have been or will be disclosed.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data processed. For additional copies, we may charge you a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
2. The right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of your incorrect Personal Data. Depending on the purpose of the Processing, you have the right to complete incomplete Personal Data, including by means of an additional declaration.
3. The right to erasure ("right to be forgotten"): You have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Data.
4. Right to restriction: You have the right to request the restriction of the Processing of your Personal Data. In this case, the data concerned will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
5. Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your Personal Data that you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit this data to another entity without objection from us.
6. Right to contest:
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your situation, at any time to the Processing of your Personal Data by us, and we may be required to stop processing your Personal Data. If you have the right to object and exercise it, we will no longer process your Personal Data for that purpose. Exercising this right is free of charge. This right can be revoked in particular if the Processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the formalities connected with the conclusion of a contract or the performance of a contract already concluded.
To which countries we transfer your personal data
We currently store and process your personal data in Romania.
How we keep your personal data secure
We are committed to ensuring the security of personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with industry standards. Your data. Is stored on secure servers.
What are your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data. You can request access to your data, correct any mistakes in our files and/or object to the processing of your personal data. You may also exercise your right to complain to the competent supervisory authority or to take legal action. Where applicable, you may also benefit from the right to request the erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict the processing of your data and the right to data portability.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us using the contact details above. Please note the following if you wish to exercise these rights:
Identification. We treat seriously the confidentiality of all records containing personal data. For this reason, please send us your requests regarding such records using the e-mail address email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Response time. We aim to respond to any valid requests within a maximum of one month, unless this is particularly complicated or if you have made multiple requests, in which case we will respond within a maximum of two months. We will let you know if we need more than one month. We may ask you if you can tell us exactly what you would like to receive or what you are concerned about. This will help us to act more quickly and shorten the response time to your request.
Third party rights. We must not comply with a request if it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other data subjects.
You can ask us:
- to confirm whether we process your personal data;
- to provide you with a copy of this data;
- provide you with other information about your personal data, such as what data we hold, what we use it for, who we disclose it to, whether we transfer it abroad and how we protect it, how long we keep it, what rights you have, how you can make a complaint, where we obtained your data, to the extent that the information has not already been provided to you through this notice.
- You can ask us to rectify or complete your inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
We may try to verify the accuracy of the data before correcting it.
Deletion of data
- You can ask us to delete your personal data, but only if:
- they are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected;
- or you have withdrawn your consent (if data processing is based on consent);
- or exercise a legal right to contest;
- or they have been processed illegally;
- or we have a legal obligation to do so.
- We are not obliged to comply with your request to delete your personal data if the processing of your personal data is necessary: for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- There are certain other circumstances in which we are not obliged to comply with your request to delete data, although these are the two most likely circumstances in which we may refuse your request.
Restricting data processing
- You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal data, but only if:
- their accuracy is disputed (see rectification section) to allow us to verify their accuracy;
- or the processing is unlawful, but you do not want the data to be deleted;
- or they are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected, but you need them to establish, exercise or defend a right in court;
- or have exercised your right to object, and verification of whether our rights prevail is ongoing.
We may continue to use your personal data following a restriction request if: we have your consent in order to establish, exercise or defend a right in court and to protect the rights of Romarm.ro or another natural or legal person.
- You can ask us to provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or you can ask for it to be "ported" directly to another data controller, but in each case only if:
the processing is based on your consent or the conclusion or performance of a contract with you; and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- You may object at any time, for reasons relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, if you consider that your fundamental rights and freedoms prevail over this interest.
- You may also object at any time to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling) without giving any reason, in which case we will stop such processing as soon as possible.
- You may request not to be subject to a decision based solely on automatic processing, but only where that decision: produces legal effects concerning you; or
affects you in a similar way and to a significant extent.
This right does not apply if the decision reached as a result of automated decision making: is necessary for us to enter into or perform a contract with you; is authorized by law and there are adequate safeguards for your rights and freedoms; or is based on your explicit consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data. In Romania, the contact details of the data protection supervisory authority are as follows: National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing, B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru No. 28-30, District 1, postal code 010336, Bucharest, Romania. Telephone: +40.318.059.211 or +40.318.059.212. E-mail: email@example.com.
Without prejudice to your right to contact the supervisory authority at any time, please contact us in advance and we promise to make every effort to resolve any issues amicably.
We remind you that you can contact the Data Protection Officer at any time by addressing your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com.