Cugir Mechanical Plant
The history of the plant dates back to 1799, during the Austro-Hungarian Empire, when steelmaking workshops were built in Cugir, one of the first metallurgical factories in Transylvania.
Expansion of the plant began in 1926 with the construction of new production lines. The war led to the militarisation of the factory, which at the time was run by specialists in the production of modern weapons. Parts and assemblies for artillery technology were produced in collaboration with the London company "Vickers Armstrong Ltd.". The takeover by the Czechoslovak company "Zbrojowka-Brno" led to a redesign of production for infantry weapons and ammunition based on documentary licenses. During the Second World War, the shares of the plant are taken over by the German concern "Herman Goring".
The Cugir factories produced the first Romanian machine gun - Parabellum, type "Orita", caliber 9mm.
Since 2001, Cugir Mechanical Plant is a subsidiary of ROMARM National Company.
Cugir Mechanical Plant manufactures products for military use such as NATO ammunition, pistols, machine guns, air to air cannon and magazines.
In 2004, Cugir Mechanical Plant was split from Cugir Arms Factory.
- Financial Statements 2013 UM Cugir
- Audit report 2013 UM Cugir
- UM Cugir - Financial statements 2014
- UM Cugir - Financial statements 2015
- UM Cugir Accounting reports first semester 2016
- Audit report and financial statements 2016 UM Cugir
- UMC Accounting reports first semester 2017
- UM Cugir - Financial statements 2017
Address: 21 Decembrie 1989 Street, No. 1A, Cugir, Alba county, 515600 postal code