Sadu Mechanical Plant
Founded in 1939, the Sadu Mechanical Plant has been operating as an infantry ammunition factory from the beginning. After the Second World War, the production of "Eastern" caliber ammunition was started, and the plant soon became an important part of the defense industry and a branded manufacturer, appreciated both domestically and on foreign markets.
In the early 1970s, a new industrial platform (Sadu II) was built for the manufacture of infantry weapons, in particular Kalashnikov machine guns, primers and initiation devices for the various types of ammunition manufactured in Romania, as well as detonating caps for both mining and armament applications.
After 1989, due to the Romanian state's policy of integration into Euro-Atlantic structures, the plant underwent a long process of reorganization and restructuring. Also, through major investments in the field of ammunition production, which consisted in the purchase of state-of-the-art automatic machines, the production capacity was increased and at the same time the range of products was diversified by including NATO specific calibers.
Since 2002, Sadu Mechanical Plant is registered as a subsidiary company of ROMARM National Company.
Address: Bumbești Jiu, Parângului Street, No. 59, Postal code 215100, Gorj county