The history of the factory dates back to 1799, during the Austro-Hungarian Empire, when the steel manufacturing workshops were founded in Cugir, one of the first metallurgical factories in Transylvania.

The expansion of the facility began in 1926, through the construction of new production halls. The war led to the militarization of the plant which, at that time, was managed by specialists in modern weapons manufacturing. Parts and assemblies for artillery techniques were produced during the cooperation with the London company “Vickers Armstrong Ltd.”. The takeover by the Czechoslovak firm “Zbrojowka-Brno” led to a redesign of the production for infantry weapons and ammunition, based on documentation license.  During the Second World War, the German concern “Herman Goring” took over the company’s shares.

Cugir Factory produced the first Romanian-designed weapon, 9mm caliber submachine gun, Parabellum, “Oriţa” type.

In 2004, from SC Cugir Mechanical Plant SA it was divided SC Cugir Arms Factory SA, which is also a subsidiary of the National Company ROMARM.

ADDRESS: 21 Decembrie 1989 Street, No. 1A, Cugir, jud. Alba, zip code 515600

PHONE: +4 0258 753194